With growing popularity of auto shipping Industry, it is always better to have a fair amount of idea about the difference between the auto shipping broker and carriers.
Car Transport Broker:
Doesn’t this make you happy? having someone who can do all the quality work for you related to auto shipping on your behalf. If yes, then auto transport brokers are here to make you happy. Vehicle transport brokers work as intermediaries in bringing together the customers with the carriers. Due to their expertise, they try to close the best possible deal for their clients. You can shorten your vehicle shipping process by reaching out to these auto brokers. They are the specialist in their respective field. Typically the auto transport brokers charge around $200-$600 per load. As car shipping industry is growing, in order to accommodate the growing demand there are lots of auto transport broker jobs openings as well in the USA nowadays. As a profession, most of the people are now becoming auto transport broker due to the attractive salaries and growth opportunities in this sector.
Auto Shipping Carrier:
They are the one who actually does the shipping job for you. Transportation trucks are being owned by them which are used to move the cars for shipping purpose. To move the trucks on roads they need to be insured and registered with the US Department of Transportation. The salaries of these auto truck drivers are between 70,000 to 110,000 annually.
People often get confused between auto transport broker and car carrier. Although these brokers and carrier work side by side but to understand it better let’s discuss the differences by making it Auto Transport Broker vs Auto Transport Carrier.
Auto Shipping Carrier:
- Shipping Carriers are simply the truck drivers moving the truck full of vehicles across the state to deliver your shipments.
- Carriers are specifically trained to deliver the shipment and fill the trailers with the cars without any damage.
- They receive orders from the brokers or sometimes directly from the shippers.
- The prices of the vehicle shipping industry are being dictated by these vehicle shipping carriers. So in short shipping carriers are the price setters.
- They physically move across the state to deliver the shipments.
- Carriers are being rated internally by the brokers. The brokers use these rating and reviews to find out best carriers available in the market.
- It is mandatory for the auto carrier to get insured under the carrier’s cargo insurance.
Auto Shipping Broker:
- As a middleman, these auto brokers are such a blessing. The bears all the hassles related to auto shipping for their clients.
- Auto brokers are simply just a person acting as an intermediary between the customer and the carrier.
- Car transport brokers are actually trained to facilitate the clients by providing them services like finding the best auto hauler, building a friendly relationship, negotiating with the car transport drivers and coordinating with both the carrier and clients at the same time. These brokers are multitaskers and manage so much stuff on our behalf.
- Auto brokers only receive orders from their clients.
- Don’t have the power to set prices. They are the price taker in the market because whatever price is being set by the carrier, brokers have to accept it.
- The job of the auto transport brokers is to sit at one place and keep strong coordination with the auto haulers and customers.
- Auto transport broker reviews are given by the customers. These reviews are always available on the internet. Good reviews help brokers to maintain a good and strong reputation in the marketplace.
- Maintain and continuously updated the database of the car shipping carriers across the state.
- Brokers are not entitled to get themselves insured under the carrier’s cargo insurance.
There are some disadvantages and advantages attached using either auto shipping broker or carrier.
Vehicle Transport Broker:
- The time frame in which you finalize your auto delivery with the broker is solely depended on the departure of the auto hauler. The broker has no power to control it if something goes wrong during the transit broker can do nothing but wait.
- During car transport, your vehicle insurance totally depends on the car shipping carrier. A broker can only confirm that the auto hauler is insured or not.
- A broker can only forward the information that he receives from the auto hauler. If auto hauler provides false information. Car transport broker would simply share the wrong info with you.
- Brokers are expert in what they do and they have the best knowledge about the auto shipping industry. So, it always wise to take the expert’s advice.
- You cannot make strong connections with all the auto haulers but brokers do have a strong relationship with all.
- If something goes wrong you won’t be able to switch carriers instantly. But brokers can switch carriers in no time thanks to their strong networking skills.
- Car shipping brokers continuously involved themselves in the research work and can provide you with the best auto shipping quotes and services.
- Saves your time and money.
Auto Shipping Carrier:
- Lack of diversity; as you won’t have much time to communicate with all of the car shipping carriers
- Need to do a lot of paperwork and need to verify carrier is insured or not.
- Opportunity to have better communication with the person who will actually deliver your vehicle.
- Accurate departure and delivery time as you will be directly in contact with the shipping carrier.